Please click through for a brief summary and booking information for the extra-curricular offerings at St. Joseph's in 2024.
Extra-Curricular Programs at St Joseph’s Primary School
Basketball with Kelly Sports
Thursday afternoon 3.40pm until 4.40pm
Karate with All Stars
Thursday morning 8am until 8.40am
All year levels
Yoga with Mel
Monday afternoon 3.30pm until 4.30pm
Years 3 to Year 6
Instrumental Music Lessons
Chess with Miss Toni
Monday lunchtimes 1.10pm- 2pm
Programming/ Coding with Digimaker
All year levels
Friday 1.10pm until 2pm.
Currently full, but contact Martin Earl for waiting list information
Soccer Coaching with Football Star Academy
Wednesdays 3.45pm until 4.45pm
Prep- Year 3
Tennis with Total Tennis
All Year levels
School Extras (no cost/ booking)
- Quiet Club each day. All year levels 1.20pm-2pm P-6
- Gardening Club: Monday morning recess with Miss Jo P-6
- Sewing Club: Tuesday morning recess with Miss Karen P-6
- Choir: Wednesday afternoon recess with Miss Bascombe P-6
- Dance: Wednesday morning recess with Miss Cleere P-6
- Swimming training (pre Dendy Comp) 3-6 squad members
- Sport training with Mr Cleary: Thursday morning recess with Mr Cleary P-6
- Swimming Squad: trials are held early in term 1, during school time, with the final team competing in the Dendy District competition. In the lead up to the competition, Ms Tanya Huebner conducts before school training at Harold Holt pool, from 7.30am.
- Athletics and Cross Country: all students are able to join these teams to represent the school at the Dendy District competitions
- Cricket: Students in Grade 4-6 have the opportunity to participate in the 20//20 cricket blast competition.
- Netball after school teams: Organised by ‘Saints Netball’ we currently have seven teams open to our students. With after school training three times a week, this is a popular choice for many of our students.
- Soccer/ Futsal: organised by parent volunteers, the teams train once per week after school
- Interschool Netball and Football: Year 5 and 6 students participate in the Dendy interschool leagues for football and netball, competing against neighbouring schools each Friday during Term 2. This culminates in lightning premiership events for all netball and football teams.
- Hooptime Basketball: Year 4-6 students participate in the hooptime competition during Term 3 each year.
- Throughout the year, students from Prep to 6 participate in a range of sporting clinics, including lawn bowls and lacrosse!
- All students participate in an intensive 2-week swimming program in Term 2.
A popular choice of extra-curricular for our students, expertly led by our deputy principal Martin Earl, supported by our Year 6 IT Captains. The club runs one lunchtime per week, and is open to different year levels each term.
Art Club and Sewing Club
This operates during one lunchtime per week and is expertly led by our amazing art teacher, Marta Cummings and sewing expert, Miss Karen. Supported by our Year 6 Art Captains, this club is open to students of all ages.
Open every lunch time from 1.10pm-2pm, quiet club is a place for children of all ages to come and relax, play a bit of lego, chess, drawing etc. This is a much welcomed retreat for those children who would like a break (sometimes quick) from the busyness of the playground. Staffed by our principal and classroom teachers daily.
Held in our ‘secret garden’ one lunchtime per week, this year the club is operated by Miss Jo and her team of helpers. Our students love to grow, harvest and eat their produce throughout the year, and our secret garden is also regularly tended to by a committed group of ‘green-fingered’ parents.
All students are welcome to pop into our library club, which runs for one lunchtime each week.